Monday, May 2, 2011

Sunny Citrus Inspiration

I never thought for a moment that this wrought iron
bakers/garden rack that I recently got would ever stay painted orange...
but as I started
to play with it and fill it with pretties that I had around the house
the more I was liking it in these fun citrus colors!
So... what do you think???
Wouldn't it look adorable on this cheery porch?!
Where's my paint brush?!
This darling duck had been in my storage closet,
I couldn't seem to find just the right place to put it. 
Now it looks right at home...


My first intentions were to paint the rack black or in oil rubbed bronze
or maybe white, and put it indoors.
and still might change it eventually, I'm still not sure...
Decisions, decisions...

But the more citrus inspiration I found,  like this sunny bedding ensemble,
the more difficult the decision becomes.

How creative and fun is this citrus cake?!

Although comtemporary style is not really for me, 
I thought this living area decorated in citrus colors looked really fun and tropical...
and with the addition of the palm tree, it reminded me of a vacation right at home!

All you would need is a ...
 refreshing tropical citrus drink!

Last but not least check out this fresh and adorable kitchen decorated
with citrus wall-covering...
How SWEET!


Thanks for stopping by... I always look forward to every visit!!  
Sherri ;-)

Btw, I would also just like to thank everyone for their especially
nice comments on my last lilacs post, and to Marty for featuring it on her blog!


This week I'll be joining these bloggy party's:

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays

9 comments:

Aledia said...

Oh! I just LOVE it. So bright and cheery and that duck is just adorable!! Have a GREAT week!

Sherrie said...

Such beautiful citrus inspiration! Thank you for sharing :0)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How fun and bright and cheerful! Love this.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love your bakers rack and the orange is fabulous. Your yellow and green is just perfect with it. You have such fabulous things to display, the watering cans, the duck and the fruit display. How perfect is this. Love it. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Kim said...

That last kitchen is to die for! Your garden rack is so sweet - I love the bright colors. I'm here from Marty's blog and I'm your newest follower. Stop by for a visit sometime!
xoxo,
Kim

Mimi said...

These colors would put a smile on anyone's face! I have a pink chicken from Tuesday Morning that is sort of like your precious duck ... but I'm loving your colors here! Found you at Coastal Charm.

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Hi Sherri, I love your beautiful porch. It looks so bright and cheerful. I like the way you painted the bakers rack and it will be perfect for your porch.... the duck looks so adorable!Thanks for stopping by and following me.Have a nice day!~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

the cape on the corner said...

the citrus and the greens are the perfect combo! the duck looks right at home there. how happy!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sherri...

Oooh...I love your new bakers rack and I love the pretty citrus orange color too! It's just so fresh and summery!!! I think I would leave it as is and enjoy all the pretty and cheerful summery colors!!! I also love how you decorated it...the yellow duck is adorable! And you're absolutely right...he is sooo at home there! Love, love, LOVE the pretty white basket filled with citrus fruit on the bottom shelf...well, I just love all of your pretties! You did good, my friend!!!

Well my dear, I thought I would come by and say hello and see how you are doing! Since I have been out on a little blogging break...I am trying to catch up with everyone! So glad that you stopped by for a visit the other day...I always enjoy your sweet notes, Sherri! I hope that my little note is finding you and your family all doing well! Take care!

Love ya,
Chari

Blog Widget by LinkWithin