Monday, March 15, 2010

Thrifty Treasures/Blue Monday - Frenchy Craiglist China Cabinet

I know that in my last post I asked you all to stay tuned to see my new
buffet/hutch
(new to me that is)
that I found on Craigslist for the bargain price of only 100 buckaroos...
Can you believe it?!!
Yep... I can hardly believe it myself.... 
but it's true! 
I would have gotten this posted sooner, but have been having some puter problems... 
But I'm slowly getting things back together.

My old hutch was okay but I had decided that I wanted something a little less
country looking and a bit more frenchy looking. 

When I saw this for only a hundred bucks I was totally smitten!

I just love the richness of the wood on this hutch...
The people we bought it from said it was Mahogany.   
I TOTALLY love it with all the carving and
leaded beveled glass doors and the gorgeous carved topper.
 

I put alot of the pretties in it that I had on my old hutch
but added a few more blue and white pieces.
Full view with open doors and before I got done tweaking the arrangement it to get it just right.
Full view with doors closed and showing the gorgeous beveled leaded glass.
Hope you like it as much as I do!!

Now head on over and check out some more
over at Southern Hospitality!

Then pop in at Sally's for
too!
Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Were supposed to have temps in the pleasant 70's here this week
Yippee!!

Thanks for stopping by! 
Sherri:)

28 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

$100 dollars! What a bargain! And your blue crockery shows up to advantage!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Great deal you got on this! Gorgeous glass!

Barbara said...

My goodnes, I can't believe $100, that is a steal. It certainly found a great home and you knew just how to arrange your treasures in it.

Beautiful.
Barbara

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

That really is a beautiful hutch! Lots of gorgeous deatil - what a deal! Linda

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful collection!

My Blue Monday post

SmilingSally said...

Oops! You forgot to add a link to my place! Please add:
http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/

Happy blue Monday!

bj said...

What an amazing piece of furniture. I love it and know you do, too. It looks great with your blue and whites...

LV said...

One thing for sure, you got a great deal on this hutch. It is truly beautiful and the design on it is good.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

oh my, it is gorgeous. what a wonderful find. I think you got the steal of the day. It truly is stunning. Hugs, Marty

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Sherri, that's a great find for $100. Thanks for coming by today!

♥ Kathy said...

I like it!! Happy Blue Monday!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Sherri, that hutch is to die 4 beautiful girl...WOW!! you did great...love all the blue...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

vwestermeyer said...

What a beautiful piece. I love Craigslist finds!!

vwestermeyer said...

What a beautiful piece. I love Craigslist finds!!

Sue said...

Nice hutch, Sherri! I love the leaded window glass on the doors. And of course you filled it with one of my weaknesses.... transferware! Glad you got a good deal on this piece. Happy St. Paddy's Day on Wed. hugs, Sue

Sharing with Sherri said...

Sally,

I didn't forget ya lol! Your link is there right after the Thrifty Treasure link. But I could see how you might of missed it, so I went back and put it in bold print and quotations. I also have your logo on my sidebar.

Have a nice day!

Thanks to everyone else also for all the super nice comments!!

Sherri:)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

What a great deal on a big beautiful hutch. I love all your blues and whites. My favorite combination. Many blessings for a bright and beautiful week. :) Tammy

The Stylish House said...

Sherri,
I love this! What a beauty and for $100, you did great. Your pretty blue collection looks wonderful displayed in it.
Cathy

Heartfelt living said...

Hi Sherri,
What a beautiful Hutch! Love the beveled glass doors. You truly found a great bargin. Plus all your pieces look so lovely inside.
Blessings,
Karen

Marice said...

thats only for a 100 bucks?! great find!

u may view mine here

Anonymous said...

That is a beauty! Love that leaded glass in the doors, and the sheen of the wood. Great find!

Marla said...

Oh my you got a real deal! I love everything about it. I recently purchased a china cabinet off Craigslist for $100 too, but I know you got the best deal! Blessings, Marla

June said...

Sherri your hutch is amazing!!! How beautiful. I can't believe the things people get rid of. I am so glad it was you that found it and brought it home. A piece like that should have a good home.
Hugs

Barb said...

Hi Sherri, your hutch is wonderful and so pretty. I love the way you have it decorated. What a deal!!!!! I am on the floor with this one. Ha.

Thanks for your wonderful visit. I'm trying to get my head out of the paint buckets to visit.

Sending you a hug,
Barb ♥

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Luv your $100.00 find...very nice! Hop over and show her off at my thrifty party:)

Blessings,
Linda

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Beautiful hutch!!! And I love what you have displayed in it as well. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting my blog & taking the time to comment. Have a fabulous weekend.

Melissa Miller said...

Sherri your cabinet is GORGEOUS! I love how you arranged it as well. You are so talented with creating a vignette. ~Beautiful!

I hope all is going well for you these days. It was so nice to see a sweet comment from you my friend.

~Blessings & Happy Spring! ~Melissa :)

Janean said...

sherri, seriously? $100? wowzah! it looks great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin