Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mackinac Island~Lilacs~and~Dreams

Hi friends,
were having perfect sunny spring weather here this week!
But... unfortunately last weeks weather was a bit on the cloudy and rainy side, so I spent more time indoors, and was hardly able to even enjoy
my favorite lilac bush thats been in bloom and now fading fast.

 

But before they finally fade away for another year
I wanted to create a table setting/vignette on my patio that is
reminiscent of a special place
I read about in the above issue of Victoria Magazine
years ago called Mackinac Island.


Mackinac Island is a charming place by the sea
in the state of Michigan where Lilacs grow abundant.
  
Where it's lush and green, and Victorian architecture lines the streets. 






Where the people are friendly and smile as they pass by...


Where you can take a horse and carriage ride,
while breathing in the sweet fragrance that drifts through the air.

As I sat in the warm sunshine by the poolside
I imagined myself there at Mackinac Island...
the fragrance of the lilacs at my table, a small Victorian (bird)house,
starfish from the sea, and a cool drink...   

The only thing missing was you...
and a horse and carriage!

Maybe next time!

Till then hugs and sweet dreams!
Sherri:-)

I'll be linking up with Marty for

With Kim for
also...
With Kathleen for


10 comments:

Gail said...

Your bird under the parasol is cute and gave me a chuckle

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what a beautiful place that must be. I would love to visit. Your vignette is perfect. Love the birdhouse, the lace, umbrella and cool drink. Perfect to sit, enjoy the lilacs and the beautiful spring weather. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

June said...

You just have to know how much I loved this post Sherri!!! That is one of my favorite issues of Victoria. Ever since that came out I think about it everytime my lilacs bloom. Since seeing it I was inspred to prune most of my bushes up like the ones on the island.
Your photos of your beautiful vignette are just amazing. This was such a great post to read to start my day out right!
sending hugs from here...

Anonymous said...

Sherri, Your pictures are beautiful, and everything you imagine about Mackinaw Island is true, no cars, just horse and carriages, The Grand Hotel, I sure hope you get to see it someday, I live about 300 miles south in the middle of the state. You can ride a bike around the island or take a horse and carriage. If you do get this way I would love to show you around. Our Lilacs are not in bloom yet, actually about another month, especially up there.
I haven't been up to the island in a couple years, now thanks to your pictures, I am there!
Celeste, victoriantailor.com

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Sherri, what a beautiful display. Every year, I say I will get to Mackinac Island when visiting my aunt in Michigan but just haven't done it yet. She says it has gotten quite expensive now. I do love the idea of simplicity on the island, no cars, getting everywhere by foot. Would definitely be a lovely getaway. Hope you are having a great day. Tammy

Blondie's Journal said...

Great post, Sherri! I adore lilacs and wish I had planted some years ago so that they would be huge by now! I love their scent and they are so pretty as cut flowers!

Love your tablescape, too. It would be great to sit there all afternoon chatting with you! I have never been to Mackinac, although hubby has. One of these days...

XO,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Don't we all just love lilacs? Unfortunately all the beautiful spring flowers are so fleeting. The last of my dogwoods petals have floated to the ground and we're left with an abundance of emerald green. The mock oranges have yet to open though. Have you even smelled them? Pure heaven!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Sherri, I remember this magazine article! The lilacs are wonderful and you created a beautiful vignette. Thanks for joining my party.
Hugs,
Sherry

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Hi Sherri, I'm visiting from Marty's blog and I'm so glad she let me know about yours! This is such a beautiful vignette and I love the play of colors,lilac against green. Very inspiring! the lace, the cute green bird, the lilacs....loved everything! Yeah, I agree all this rain is not letting us enjoy all these beautiful spring blossoms! I'm your newest follower and I hope you will be mine! Have a nice weekend!~ Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Katherines Corner said...

What a lovely post. I enjoyed my visit to your beautiful blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine

Blog Widget by LinkWithin