Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bea-u-ti-ful Buttes


After a long rainy New Years weekend of putting away all most the
Christmas decorations the sun finally came out! 
Hubby and I decided to go for a drive today out to our almond orchard
at the base of the beautiful Sutter Buttes. 

The velvety slopes have already started to turn a lovely shade of green with 
the abundant amount of rain we've had! 
I couldn't resist the opportunity to get out and enjoy the warm sun
and take a few photos of the mountain surroundings.


Moooo!...
I don't know WHY I have to moo at cows when I see them...
but I can't help myself!!

a little photo magic...


The Sutter Buttes are the worlds smallest mountain range.
 They were formed a million and half years ago by this now extinct volcano!

Hope it doesn't decide to wake up someday!!
I'll bet the people who work in the radio station up there
on top of it hope the same too!


A secret little culvert we discovered.
Love all the moss growing on the stones!
More photo magic!
A grazing horse becomes a painting!!


Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and places to pray in,
where nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul. –John Muir
Such awesome beauty!
An abandoned cat my hubby has adopted and brings food to.
He's such an ol' softy....

Inside our orchard... by next month these trees will be covered
in beautiful pink blossoms!

So glad you could stop by!
I hope you enjoyed the scenery as much as I did!

I'll be joining Susan at a Southern Daydreamer for
Pop over to visit her blog for some more outdoor fun!


Warm sunny wishes to you!
Sherri:-)


7 comments:

Hage og Foto entusiast said...

Mooo.. ha ha... I like your "moo`s" Its some beautiful photos you are showing us. I like the mountians. I love mountains, and this was awsome. So nice with the cowes in front. I like your photo magic as well. Thanks for the adventure during your pictures and notes. Be blessed.

Ms. Bake-it said...

Great pictures! What gorgeous land! I chuckled at your comment about mooing at the cows. When I was a teenager a bull took offense and charged at me when I mooed at him. Needless to say, I have not done it since! Kudos to your hubby for feeding the abandoned cat!

~ Tracy

Light and Voices said...

Your blog was loaded with adventure. Found a secret culvert. You shared animal pictures. I liked the mountains sooo much. Happy New Year!
Joyce M

Barb said...

Hi Sherri, thanks for sharing such delightful pictures with us. They are so restful and peaceful. Ahhhhhh!!

I hope you are having a wonderful New Year!

Sending hugs,
Barb ♥

Blondie's Journal said...

Beautiful pictures, Sherry! I'd love to see the trees blooming! Did you do the picture on your header...I love it!

XO,
Jane

Donnie said...

You took the most beautiful photos. The horse painting was great too. So much inspiration around you.

Sue said...

Sherri- California cows and those green mound-y hills! I love them. On our first trip to Cali, I was fascinated with those rolling green mounds- heck, I still am! Great pics. Love the hidden culvert, too. We really need to plan another trip out there soon. I think I'll wait for a little warmer weather, though. Enjoy the weather- it is cold here! brrrr
hugs, Sue

Blog Widget by LinkWithin