Tuesday, November 24, 2009

House of Hatten and Snowman Cookie Jars

I started collecting House of Hatten Christmas ornaments and decor back in the early 80's. I fell in love with their bright colors and whimsical design.
I now have many H of H ornaments that I decorate my large tree with.
I'm not sure though whether or not I'll be putting it up this year...


Today I did finally get done decorating my small tree
that's in the family room area.
(I'll be showing it after Thanksgiving)!
I love this little House of Hatten family,
and it's a perfect match
for my own little family!
I also started collecting snowman cookie jars some years ago.
I love how their smiling faces always cheer me up and brighten my day!

Here they are on my buffet.
I have one other snowman cookie jar thats my most favorite one
but I'm saving it to show you at another time ;)
 This angel snowman cookie jar and mini candle holder is my 2nd favorite!
Aren't they adorable?!
I found them a few years ago at Big Lots.



These cookie jars above and below were T/S treasures!
So were the adorable
Fitz and Floyd Christmas bunny S&P shakers.

Well my friends it's only a few days till Thanksgiving day...

I hope you all have a very enjoyable one!

I have so much to be thankful for!
The friendships I've made here rank high on my thankful list!
You have all been so supportive, kind, and generous!

So thanks so much,
and many blessings to you all!
I'm also linking up with
Please go by and check it out!!


Big hugs, Sherri:)

P.S. Here's an update on my sister...

She had to have her biopsy postponed because she had a very low blood count.
Which apparently would make her vulnerable to infection or bleeding problems.
So it had to be rescheduled.

8 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I like all the snow people. I agree they are very bright and colorful.
I will say a prayer for your sister.

The Stylish House said...

Hi Sherri,
I love your cute cookie jar collection! I’m also impressed you already have a tree up. Hubby and I are thinking about taking the plunge and buying a real tree this year. I know, I know it's a huge commitment with the watering and needles and everything, but we like to walk on the wild side every once in awhile, ha, ha!
Cathy

Natasha in Oz said...

I love your cookie jars! I just posted about my Santa cookie jar yesterday! I can't wait to see more of your Christmas decorations but until then have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Best wishes, Natasha.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Love your decoration and the snowmen are just adorable with the sweetest faces ever. How can they not make you smile? :) Wishing you well and keeping you and your sister in my thoughts. Blessings, Tammy

Denise said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sheri, loved seeing your ornaments.
Sorry to hear your sister's biopsy was rescheduled, I hope she can have that done soon.
hugs
Denise

June said...

Thank you Sherri for the update on your sister. I'm praying for her and for you dear one.
What a wonderful collection! I imagine you can remember when and where every piece came from and recall what a joy they were to add to the collection. They must make you smile everytime you see them.
I can't wait to see your tree!
Take care of yourself sweet.
Hugs,
June

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sherrie...

Ohhh...I love your Hatten and Hatten carolers! I would love to see all of your ornaments! Love, love, LOVE your snowmen cookie jars too...they're adorable! I collect all the snowmen things at Christmas too!

Well my friend, I really wanted to come by to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope that you have a wonderful day!!! I sure do appreciate your Thanksgiving well wishes...enjoyed your visit and sweet note, my friend!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Sherri~ I'm strolling in to catch up and especially to see how you're feeling. I'm wishing you and your loved ones (furry ones too) a Happy Thanksgiving!
It's such a wonderful time to stop and reflect on all those we cherish and are truly grateful for.
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to visit and leave feeling inspired!

Even though our Thanksgiving is very small in number, with hubby and son (we don't count the cat cause she doesn't like turkey). We don't scrimp on the menu...from appetizers to desserts with several carb loaded dishes in between! We will be enjoying tryptophan playoffs too!

Sweet Holiday wishes,
Sara

Blog Widget by LinkWithin