Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy 4th of July ~ Americana Style

This is my Americana Room!
*****

I've been waiting for the 4th of July to post it!
Now it's finally just a couple days away.
Above is my antique trunk I got from a yard sale, in perfect red and blue tones to fit the Americana look!


Oh and here's the heart flag I made, that you might remember from an earlier post.
Teddy bears and Americana go together so well!


I guess I'm just a big kid a heart because I just love teddy bears....

Okay I have a thing for stuffed bunnies,
and dolls too!!!


Aren't these the cutest Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls?!!
They're extra special because my mom gave them to me!

Here's all kinds of goodies in this display!
More teddies of course, Uncle Sam nutcracker, antique kerosene lamp,
a game board I made, and large enamel pitcher filled with geraniums.

This large country flag I made from old wood lattice fencing left over
from what used to enclose our pool equipment.
It was very simple to make!
I added the pole with an old ducks head I got at an antique store.
 

                                          I felt a little like Betsy Ross when I made this flag.
Do you think she would approve? hee hee.




This quilt was rescued by me when my neighbor threw it out!!
She's the same neighbor who threw out the screen door that I rescued among ....other things.


A few more bears here, a neat antique lamp on the wall,
oh and don't miss the flying pig that
I made with my handy jigsaw and some scrap wood hanging on the wall behind the bed!!
*****
Thanks for stopping by for a peek at my Americana room,
and I hope you all have a really fun and safe 4th of July holiday!!

11 comments:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

This is such a charming room! How wonderful to have a neighbor who throws out such treasures! That quilt is beautiful! I guess you have to really watch her yard on trash pickup days! I'm really coveting that trunk with it's patriotic colors. And what a talented lady you are-that flag from the slats could be sold for a hefty price, and I love the duck head on the pole that you added! You've impressed me with your skills. laurie

Barb said...

Hi Sherri, I love your Americana bedroom. It is so charming with all the colors and the bears, too. I have a friend that has Americana
everywhere and every time I visit her, I just fall in love with this style.

I may just do some of this also....I need a bigger house. Ha!

Happy July 4th, sweet friend.

Hugs, Barb

Dawn said...

Great post. My mom has an America room too, I had just been thinking about asking her if I could photgraph it when we're over this weekend. I'm so glad you rescued that quilt!
Dawn

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I laughed when I read your comment on my post. The water! Of course! Why didnt I think of that! :)
I love that room! And isn't it amazing what people throw out? That quilt is fantastic!
Thank you SO much for stopping by and leaving that delight comment!
~smiles~
Mona

June said...

Sherri, I love this sweet room. The colors just make you happy. I love teddies too, and dolls, and bunnies. Wouldn't it have been a pity if that quilt would have made it to the trash? Thank you for your lovely messages to me, I love them.
Hugs,
June

Melissa Miller said...

Sherri your Americana room is beautiful and charming! I love it! The red trunk is so beautiful.

~Wonderful job and happy 4th to you and yours. ~Melissa :)

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

May you have a safe and great Fourth my dear friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Rhonda said...

Hi Sherri,

Thanks so much for visiting me and leaving your nice comments. I will definitely try your suggestion with the photos...I am still trying to figure out how to put together an interesting page, and I'm sure there are lots of tricks. Your page is wonderful!

Thank you again for visiting, I'll check in with you often!

Fondly, Rhonda, CA

Rhonda said...

Hi again Sherri!

I tried your trick posting photos to make them "clickable" and it worked!

Thanks so much!
Rhonda

The Stylish House said...

Hi Sherri,
What an adorable guest room. I love your chest and quilt. I may have good thrift stores in my area, but you have great neighbors! I hope you had a nice July 4th; we went to a BQ and watched fireworks over a lake. I also spent the past few days tinkering with my blog, seems my right sidebar slipped to the bottom on some browser views. I finally figured out the problem after much trial and mostly error!
Cathy

★Carol★ said...

I LOVE LOVE the flag you made out of lattice! I like flags that are made with out of the ordinary things. I made one out of picket fence posts. Love it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin