Thursday, April 30, 2009

Flaunting my Red ...Cadillac Allante~

It's the big
"Flaunt Your Red Party Event"!!
Hosted by Miss Nancy
"Southern Lady"
Be sure to visit her and her beautiful blog
and all the other participants!!
*****
Well there was only one thing that came to my mind when I saw the announcement for this event, and it wasn't anything decorative in my house, and believe me I have tons of red stuff!
But no,
what came to mind was....
My RED 1989
Classic Cadillac Allanté Roadster!
Isn't she a beaut?!!

She just had her 20th birthday this year, and she still looks as new as the day my hubby bought her for me as a Christmas gift!
all those years ago!
She stays in the garage most of the time,
But she wanted to come out and strut her stuff on this special day!!
So how could I say no!

Besides, what could be better than showing up to a
Flaunt Your Red Party
in a shiny red sports car!

The Allanté was Cadillac's first venture into the ultra-luxury roadster market. The vehicle was sold from 1987 through 1993, with roughly 21,000 models built over its 7-year model run. Despite the accent over the "e", the name is pronounced
"ah-lon-tay".

Do you need a ride to the party?
Okay, hop in!! Let's go!!
The body of the Allanté was designed and built in Italy by Pininfarina (of Ferrari fame). The completed bodies were shipped 3,300 miles from Italy in specially-equipped Boeing 747s, 56 at a time, to Cadillac's assembly plant in Hamtramck, Michigan. The bodies were then mated to the chassis. This led to a few interesting nicknames, such as "The Flying Italian Cadillac" and "The world's longest assembly line".The Allanté was initially priced at $54,700, far above the price of any other contemporary Cadillac. Among many of the Allanté's features was a removable aluminum hardtop along with the industry's first power retractable AM/FM/Cellular Telephone antenna. Also, the Delco-GM/Bose Symphony Sound System - a $905 option on other Cadillacs - was standard on the Allanté.

By 1989, The Allanté's price rose slightly and featured a new 200 horsepower 4.5 Liter V-8 engine.

***********

I hope you've enjoyed reading a little trivia about my little
RED CLASSIC.
You've been great party guests
But even a great party has to come end...
and I think we're finally going to get some rain!

So it's back into garage now, she just hates to get rained on
and she needs her beauty rest!
and so do I...

So
Bye for now!


12 comments:

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Sherri, I love the RED Classic car! It so nice to have you join FYR at Southern Lady. It has been a pleasure to visit with you today!!! Take care of that Beauty!
Nancy

Beth in NC said...

What a beauty!

Woo hoo!

Stacey said...

She's a beauty! Do you actually drive her every day or does she keep her shininess (sp)in the garage? I'd be afraid of dents.

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Sherri,
Love your RED car!!! My dad always drove a red Cadillac and it reminds me of him. He thought the red gave him a sporty flair and I agree!!!

Your car is beautiful and what a fun thing to post!!!

Have a wonderful RED Friday!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Laurie - Decorating Fanatic said...

Hi Sherri! I love your Red Beauty! I bet that was a first here in blogland. :) Also your comment on my blog was I think the sweetest I have ever heard (or read!) - you are too kind! But yes, I think we will be great friends! I have to get the kiddo's off to school - lugging their science projects (elementary school keeps me sooo busy - I barely have time to blog!) with them but I will be back soon for another visit. Nice to meet you. ~ Laurie

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Oooo, she is indeed a beauty. I love caddy's :0)

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Sherri,
Oh how neat that you are showing us your beautiful classic Red car.
What a great idea!
It's really amazing!

Happy FY Red Day!
~Melissa :)

The Stylish House said...

Sherri,
What a pretty lady you own. Being married to a car enthusiast I totally appreciate the care it has taken to keep it in top shape. It has beautiful lines and I can see why you fell in love with it. What a thoughtful gift from you husband which makes it all the more special! ~Cathy~

The Style Sisters said...

Love the car! Thanks for stoppin by my blog and checking out my red sofa.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

She is a beauty and in such great condition! Enjoyed seeing her. laurie

LeftyLadi said...

Wow! Love that beautiful car, Sherri!

June said...

Hi Sherri, That's a stunner!!!
June

Blog Widget by LinkWithin