Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cheery Spring Vignette

Although spring hasn't officially arrived yet, the signs are definitely all around!
The oranges and lemons in the backyard are now ripe and ready for the picking,
and for me that means fresh squeezed orange juice and lemonade...
Yay!



The daffodils are in full bloom as well...
I read somewhere that daffodils have long symbolized rebirth and new beginnings, 
especially when presented in a bouquet, 
daffodils are supposed to bring the promise of happiness and joy.


Well I think that must really be true, 
because when I put this vignette together 
 I felt a sense of happiness and joy just looking at the bright cheery colors;)
How bout you?


When I spotted these pretty citrus themed decorative plates they gave me a big smile too!

 I found this unique green glass vase on a thrifting trip, and
it turned out to be a perfect vessel for the daffodils and for this display.
The greens colors will be great for St. Patty's Day too!


Wishing you sunshine and smiles...
Sherri :-)

Sharing at the following:
"Wow Us Wednesday" 

7 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

How pretty Sherri! Love the plates too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherri! Oh, I love your citrus vignette. I have a lemon tree but it doesn't produce lemons until around December! Nice Christmas present though. :)
Those plates are so pretty and so perfect for your spot. I do love daffs and wish we could grown them here - it just doesn't get cold enough. Well, I'm certainly happier by popping in for a visit.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Ana said...

Hi Sherri,
Such a bright, springy, happy vignette. I love it. It sure does feel like Spring is here. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Sue said...

This definitely says spring to me, Sherri! I should pick up some daffodils at the farmer's market in the morning- I need some brightening up around here. Luv your fruit plates and that pretty green vase. Hope you're doing okay and enjoying some nice spring weather. Still chilly and blustery here. Brrr......
Hugs, Sue

Barb said...

Hi Sherri,

I love your colorful and sweet vignettes. The plates are so pretty. I hope you are enjoying this gorgeous weather.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs, Barb ♥

June said...

Can I come to your house Sherri??? What would it be like to grow my own oranges and squeeze my own lemonade? Oh yes, and eat my own almonds : ) from my own farm?
Your Spring vignette is so, so pretty!!!
big hugs from me...

Anonymous said...

Good day! I simply wish to give you a huge thumbs up for your great information you have
got here on this post. I'll be coming back to your site for more soon.

Also visit my weblog: DayZ

Blog Widget by LinkWithin