Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Heirloom Christmas Tablescape

A Joyeux Noel to you blogging friends! 
Thanks for joining me for what will be my last tablescape for the year of 2010!
Wow! 
Hard to believe a year has past since I last said typed those very same words for 2009!
(For a peek at that tablescape click on the
Snow White Doves tablescape on my sidebar.)

Since then I have grown through blogging and have grown even closer
to the blogging friends I've made.

We've shared so much with each other... 
Our hopes our dreams and sorrows...  Our prayers for brighter tomorrows.
Thanks so much to all of you for becoming such an important part of my life!
Now before I wind up in a puddle of sentimental tears... 
Lets get on with the show!!

This tablescape was inspired by a collection of pretties
that has been passed on to me by very special people in my life.
 Also, with things that have been collected by me that will be passed on in the future!

Silver tray chargers all thrift store treasures that I've collected.


My centerpiece is made up of a glass Princess House cake stand
with a smaller silver stand on top of that.

A pretty set of silver candlesticks, gorgeous lace tablecloth,
and silver compote dish all from my sweet MIL.
I added my glass votive holders and votives.
This sweet double heart shaped silver tray and lovely silver salt and pepper shakers
as well as the lovely silver basket shown above,
were all gifts from my dear long time friend Mary.

Need a special looking bottle of wine for your holiday party? 
Create your own label, like I did here! 
You could even make it personalized and add some
 jingle bells or a pretty bow for a wonderful hostess gift too!

My wonderful Momma gave me this beautiful set of
 Onieda's "Baroque Rose" pattern silverware that she had for about 43 years. 

Of course,  
I had to use some floral, and berry pick for accents and
 as well as cut fresh pine from the yard!
Crackled glass stemware were Goodwill treasures!
Red plates from Marshall's this year.
Placemats I've had... can't remember where I bought them!
I think they came from Gottschalks, before they went out of business!
I hear they may be re-opening soon, wouldn't that be great!

White ironstone dinner plates here along with my green majolica plates.
I also used wide sheer glittery ribbon
to cover the the napkins for an extra special look!
***
I'll be joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch,
as well as Marty from A Stroll Through Life
who have both been excellent hostesses for the past year
and such an inspiration to us all!

Please stop by and visit their blog's for

and



... and thanks for joining me!
For...

Well friends, that wraps up this final and (my favorite) tablescape for the year!!  
I hope you enjoyed it! 
May you have a most blessed Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!

Big Holiday Hugs to you all!! 
Sherri :)

17 comments:

Marlis said...

Your silver finds are really wonderful. I love your table. It's very elegant. Merry Christmas to you and yours and many blessings in the coming year.

June said...

It is stunning!!! Sherri, it's a good thing that I don't know where you live, because most of the silver pieces would come up missing while you are out getting your last minute shopping done. I would first target that amazing set of silverware of your mother's. The table looks just beautiful.
I love all you nature inspired decorating this year. So beautiful!
I want to wish you a Merry Christmas dear friend.
big hug...

Aledia said...

Wow! I just love it all! All of your silver is just beautiful, Thank You for sharing and have a very Merry Christmas!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Sherri, wishing you and yours the happiest of holidays and all the best in the New Year! Peace & blessings, Tammy

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi Sherri, I adore all your silver, the chargers stole my heart. Would love to have more pieces of silver, definetly on the "want" list. lol From our home to yours Happy Holidays!
hugs ~lynne~

Donnie said...

What a beautiful table you have made. I loved all your pieces especially the centerpiece. Have a Merry Christmas.

Sue said...

Sherri, I love how you combined the lace tablecloth with the placemats to create a beautiful blingy tablesetting!Your silver pieces, glasses, and china just pop with such class! I hope you enjoy a beautiful Christmas holiday with your loved ones. Thanks for being such a good blogging friend all year! Best of everything in the upcoming new year. hugs, Sue

Tess said...

This is such a pretty post...your table look fabulous with all of your pieces. I love your silverware pattern. I think I have a few demitasse spoons in this pattern. Also, I love how your whole blog looks!!

The Stylish House said...

Hi Sherri,
You have gotten so good at tablescapes! Wow, this one is so elegant and really pops. I like your idea of making a label for the wine! My niece is getting married next year and I'm going to share this with her.
I have your red dishes in yellow and love them. I used them when Heather's donor family came to dinner. It sure has been a year I will never forget. Whoever could have imagined blogging would be a tool in saving Heather's life? Everything has been a whirlwind, but I feel so grateful.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with you loved ones! All my best.
Hugs, Cathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherri! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. You table is absolutely gorgeous! Everything looks stunning. Thanks for popping in to see me and I want to wish you a Happy New Year!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Sherri, what a gorgeous table. Those silver trays as chargers are exquisite. Your whole table just sparkles with all of the beautiful silver. Love the way you put together the centerpiece. This table is made for celebrating! Wishing you a wonderful 2011. laurie

Unknown said...

Oh My goodness! You have sooooo many beautiful antiques. Your table is gorgeous and looks so rich and elegant. You did a wonderful job on it. I love it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

~Liz
P.S. I'm your newest follower.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

May your New Year be filled with many Blessings and abundances of Joy for 2011. From my mountain to yours, Until next year
Hugs and Smiles Gl♥ria

Jacqueline said...

Sherri, I can't believe that the glasses were a Goodwill find, I was sure you were going to say they were an heirloom, well I guess they were for someone else! They just really set the table off. Everything is so gorgeous and the combination of plates and colors and textures that you have stacked are wonderful. Yes, I guess you are right, this is our last table for the year! Happy New Year.

fiberdoodles said...

Just beautiful! I could just sit right down ;0) Many blessings to you in the New Year!!

Melissa Miller said...

It's so beautiful Sherri! I adore the scrolled red plates and all the pretty details. You did a great job on everything.

Thanks for the kind visit and for adding the link. I'll be sure and check it out today. I appreciate it. I'm looking forward to working out and being healthy again. I hope you are doing well with your health these days. I've thought about you and prayed.

Happy New Year to you and your family!
Warmly, ~Melissa :)

Entertaining Women said...

I think that you and I work with the same color sensibilities. We might enjoy planning tables capes together. Aren't special treasures just the very best! Thank you for sharing your charming design. Happy New Year! Current Kay

Blog Widget by LinkWithin