Sunday, November 14, 2010

Little Changes in my Master Bath~

Hi there friends!
Making little changes in my home is something I love doing,
and never seem to tire of.

Today I'm showing you some of the changes I've made in the Master bath.

I previously had a large gold framed picture above my tub that I decided to change  with a smaller one without gold frame .
It seems more in scale and doesn't compete so much with my wallpaper.

I also decided that it was time to launder my window treatments, up until now I had only vacuumed them for fear they might not launder well. 
But I had finally made up my mind though that I was just gonna do it,
and if they didn't survive, well then so be it!  
But as it turns out they washed up beautifully!

Then I also decided to remove the blue trim and bow
from the valance that I made for a bit less fussy look. 

Then I discovered that I could also take apart the faucet knobs on the tub
and I repainted the polished brass rings on them with
Krylon's Oil rubbed Bronze spray paint.
The photo above is the way it looked "before".

The light fixture above the mirror was looking a bit dated in the polished brass finish,
so decided to paint them.
It was a subtle change, but I like it!
I just got a piece of newspaper and loosened the fixture a bit to tuck it behind it to keep the paint off the wallpaper.  I used acrylic crafters paint called
Metallic Taupe by "Folkart". 
I used a one inch paint brush and stippled it on like you would a stencil.

Fixtures "after".


I also decided it was time to make a change with this other gold framed picture.

What do you think? 
I'm really happy with how this turned out! 
Much lighter and frenchy looking. 

I got this free vintage picture from the
It started out looking like this..

but then I played with it using my photo editing program until I changed it into shades of blue with touches of green to make it a perfect match for my bathroom wallpaper! 
I also love the fact that it say "Violettes" on it
since my wallpaper and fabric design is called
"Sweet Violets".

I'm joining our sweet hotess, Susan and the other participants for

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!
Hugs, Sherri :-)

4 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Sherri I love the way your framed the pretty print. The white frame is perfect with it. Your entire bathroom looks romantic and simply beautiful. Gorgeous and very shabby chic!

I'm so sorry I haven't been by to say Hello in the last few months. Whew! It has been a busy time for me that is for sure. I hope all is going well for you sweet friend.

Have a very happy week!
Warmly, ~Melissa :)

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sherri...

Girl, you have been a busy little bee! I love all the changes that you made to your beautiful bath! Love the lighter color that you did on your light fixture...very pretty! Ohhh...and I love all the art that you added! I think the french "Violets" print is gorgeous! I just adore your pretty bath, sweet friend! I'm sooo glad that your beautiful drapes laundered well! I know, I have been in that very same spot before...you just hold your breath! Hehe! Thank you so much for sharing your new pretties with us...such a treat, sweet friend!

Love ya,
Chari @Happy To Design

Diane said...

OMGosh, I ♥ all that blue. Just gorgeous.

Biljana said...

So cute and pretty:))
Greetings from Biljana

Blog Widget by LinkWithin